The covid-19 vaccination rate in the United States is currently 49.71%, ranking 22nd globally, only falling from 18th last week. But which state does the best?
We used the following data to compile a list of vaccination rates for each U.S. state and Washington, D.C. Johns Hopkins University, To compare the vaccination efforts of each state with other countries.
The highest state is not even a state, and Washington, DC is at the top of the list. More than 69% of residents of the District of Columbia have been fully vaccinated. Vermont (68%), Rhode Island (67%), Massachusetts (63%) and Maine (63%) ranked in the top five.
But some states really have difficulty getting people vaccinated. Alabama is the worst, with only 34.27% of the population fully vaccinated. Mississippi (34.34%) and Wyoming (36%) are the three states with the worst covid-19 vaccination.
Below we list all 50 states (plus DC) and how they compare to countries in the world.
- District of Columbia -69.37%, similar to the United Arab Emirates
- Vermont -68.11%, similar to San Marino
- Rhode Island -67.26%, similar to San Marino
- Massachusetts -63.99%, similar to Chile
- Maine -63.58%, similar to Bahrain
- Connecticut -62.75%, similar to Uruguay
- Hawaii -59.78%, similar to Mongolia
- New Jersey -59.02%, similar to Qatar
- Washington -58.88%, similar to Israel
- Maryland -58.76%, similar to Israel
- New Hampshire -58.51%, similar to Israel
- Oregon -56.89%, similar to Bhutan
- New Mexico -56.83%, similar to Bhutan
- New York -56.27%, similar to Canada
- Colorado -55.47%, similar to the UK
- Virginia -54.68%, similar to Spain
- Minnesota -54.24%, similar to Hungary
- California -53.27%, similar to Singapore
- Delaware -53.21%, similar to Singapore
- Pennsylvania -51.92%, similar to Ireland
- the state of Wisconsin -51.81%, similar to Ireland
- Illinois -50.30%, similar to Portugal
- Florida -49.79%, similar to Germany
- Nebraska -49.70%, similar to Germany
- Iowa -49.56%, similar to Liechtenstein
- Michigan -48.73%, similar to Maldives
- North Carolina -47.47%, similar to the Netherlands
- Utah -47.39%, similar to Luxembourg
- South Dakota -47.39%, similar to Luxembourg
- Arizona -47.15%, similar to Switzerland
- Ohio -46.35%, similar to Greece
- Nevada -45.58%, similar to France
- Kentucky -45.43%, similar to France
- Alaska -45.14%, similar to Poland
- Kansas -44.96%, similar to Poland
- Montana -44.89%, similar to Poland
- Texas -44.56%, similar to Poland
- Indiana -44.41%, similar to Andorra
- West Virginia -42.25%, similar to the Czech Republic
- South Carolina -41.36%, similar to Mauritius
- Missouri -41.11%, similar to Mauritius
- North Dakota -40.19%, similar to Mauritius
- Oklahoma -40.11%, similar to Mauritius
- Georgia -39.92%, similar to Serbia
- Idaho -39.86%, similar to Serbia
- Tennessee -39.59%, similar to Serbia
- Louisiana -36.48%, similar to Estonia
- Arkansas -36.22%, similar to Estonia
- Wyoming -36.21%, similar to Estonia
- Mississippi -34.34%, similar to Latvia
- Alabama -34.27%, similar to Croatia
Keep in mind that this list only counts the percentage of eligible people who have been fully vaccinated. For example, California has received the most vaccines in the country so far, with more than 20.9 million residents fully vaccinated. But the state is ranked 18th on our list because only 53.27% of the state’s population has been fully vaccinated.
Why do some states do better than others? Sadly, many of them are related to politics.Americans who support former President Donald Trump are unlikely to support Covid-19 vaccination, you see this happening in a state like Arkansas, where Republican Governor Asa Hutchinson is there Booed yesterday Debunking conspiracy theories about coronavirus vaccines, such as the false idea that they will cause female infertility.
This is something that not only the United States, but the whole world is opposing, because far-right politicians around the world have raised concerns about vaccines and told people that covid-19 is really no big deal.
According to data from Johns Hopkins University, the current global death toll exceeds 4.16 million. But death is not the only consequence of this evil disease. More than 194 million people have been infected with covid-19, and many of them have suffered severe health effects within months of allegedly recovering from the disease.
If you have not been vaccinated, it is not too late.Just visit Vaccine website Find out where to buy yours. It is completely free.