Thousands mourn two Palestinian men killed by Israel in Nablus | Israel-Palestine conflict news

Ramallah, the occupied West Bank— Two Palestinian men have died after being shot dead by Israeli troops in separate incidents in the Israeli-occupied northern West Bank city of Nablus.

Mohammad Abu Kishek, 22, was pronounced dead by the Palestinian health ministry on Wednesday night, less than 24 hours after he was shot in the stomach by Israeli forces during a raid on Tuesday night.

Another man, Mohammad Hirzallah, 30, was a fighter Lions’ Den Armed Resistance Group, in July, he was shot in the head by Israeli troops while participating in armed clashes in Nablus, killing him.Hizara fights side by side two well-known leaders of the lion’s den when he was injured.

Thousands of Palestinians took part in the funeral procession for Abu Kishek and Hirzallah in the city of Nablus on Thursday morning. Dozens of armed men were present, firing live ammunition into the air in a show of anger and condolences.

Local journalist Mohammad Muna, who attended the funeral, told Al Jazeera that “there was anger and sadness … there were obviously armed men from Lions and other armed groups present.”

Hirzallah spent four months in hospital and underwent several operations before dying at Istishari Hospital in Ramallah.

His body was transported by a large convoy to Nablus on Wednesday night. Local media reported that Palestinian Authority (PA) security forces used tear gas and stun grenades to attack convoys and mourners at the main roundabout in Nablus.

“There appears to be a requirement or a security order for armed individuals not to openly carry their weapons and not to fire live ammunition into the air,” Muna said. “The security at the roundabout and their armored vehicles seemed to annoy these individuals.”

He added: “There seemed to be a heated exchange of words and some people started chanting slogans against the security services, so it developed from there, resulting in police firing tear gas and live ammunition into the air.”

The Palestinian Authority has yet to comment on the incident.

the third palestinian is killed early WednesdayAhmad Amjad Shehadeh, 16, was shot in the same Nablus raid on Tuesday night as Abu Kishek.

The killing is coming Two explosions rock Jerusalem One Israeli was killed and at least 12 others were wounded in what Israeli authorities said was a coordinated Palestinian attack Wednesday morning.

Israeli authorities continued their search for the suspected attacker on Thursday.

The first explosion occurred near an Israeli bus station along the Jerusalem West Entrance Highway near Givat Shor, while a second, smaller explosion occurred half an hour later at Ramot Jerusalem’s Northern Entrance.

On Wednesday, the Israeli army A recently built Palestinian primary school was demolished In the Masafer Yatta area of ​​the southern occupied West Bank, home to more than 1,300 residents Facing imminent forced displacement. The school was built by the Palestinian Authority with funding from the European Union (EU).

Palestinian Authority Prime Minister Mohammad Steyer said the demolition of the school “is part of the war Israel is waging against our people”, including violations of education and students.

The Israeli army said it had demolished structures that had been built illegally in areas designated as closed firing areas.

Since 1967, Israel has designated about 18 percent of the occupied West Bank as a closed military training or firing zone, making more than 6,000 Palestinians “illegal” residents.

body handover

At dawn Thursday, Palestinian militants handed over the body of an 18-year-old Israeli after he held it up for two days in a car accident near Jenin in the northern occupied West Bank.

The Palestinian Authority pressured the fighters to hand over the bodies, which were handed over to Israeli forces at the Salem checkpoint north of Jenin.

Tensions in the occupied West Bank and Israel have been rising since last year.

Attacks and killings of Palestinians by Israeli forces in the occupied West Bank have increased on an almost daily basis, in line with Palestinian militant attacks increaseand a Settler attacks on the rise against the Palestinians.

More than 200 Palestinians, including more than 50 children, killed by Israel in Occupied East Jerusalem, West Bank and besieged Gaza Deadliest year for Palestinians since 2006.

More than 25 people have been killed in Israel.

Benjamin Netanyahu emerged from this month’s election tasked with forming the next Israeli government and is continuing talks to form a new coalition with far-right and ultra-nationalist parties.

On Wednesday, Netanyahu announced he had struck a deal with his ally, the leader of the religious Zionist party Bezalel Smotrich, to give the latter control of the Israeli military body that runs the occupied West Bank, known as COGAT.

The post would mean that Smotridge, a controversial figure who openly encouraged violence against Palestinians, would be in charge of Area C, which comprises 60 percent of the occupied West Bank and is under Israeli military and civilian control. Under control, all illegal Israelis are located here in the settlement.

Smotrich will oversee Palestinian construction in Area C, already extremely restrictedHe will also be responsible for Israeli settlement construction, security coordination between the Israeli military and the Palestinian Authority, and issuing permits for Palestinian workers in Israel.

In 2019, in response to International Criminal Court (ICC) Decided to launch investigation into alleged Israeli war crimes, Smotrich Require Disbands the Palestinian Authority and calls the ICC a “political, anti-Semitic institution”.

Source link