As announced at this year’s I/O event, Google has expanded the list of 3D objects you can see in AR using Google Search. The search giant has now added some athletes from the Olympic Games currently being held in Tokyo.So now you can use Google’s AR service to see one of your favorite athletes up close, just like you can View animals in 3D Through a simple Google search. Read on to learn how to view athletes in 3D in your space.
Also, please read | How to use Google AR to solve the problem of not seeing 3D animals in your space
How to view athletes in 3D in your space
Just like the 3D animals you may have seen, Olympic athletes are also 3D models that appear when you search on Google using specific search keywords. Most keywords are the names of athletes or Olympics.
List of available Olympic athletes
The list of athletes that appeared in 3D during a Google search included nine athletes, four of which were from the United States and the others were from the United Kingdom, Japan, India, Brazil, and Germany. PV Sindhu, a badminton star from India, is on the list.
The list is as follows:
- Alexander Macialas (United States-Fencing)
- Simone Biles (USA-Gymnastics)
- Megan Rapinoe (United States-Football/Soccer)
- Single Villasenor (United States-Swimming)
- Dina Asher-Smith (UK-Circuit)
- Leticia Bufoni (Brazil-Skateboarding)
- Niklas Kaul (Germany-Decathlon)
- PV Sindhu (India-Badminton)
- Naomi Osaka (Japan-Tennis)
View the athlete’s steps in 3D
1. Open the Google search application on your phone or search on Google through a browser.
2. Enter “Olympics” or the athlete’s name as the search keyword.
3. Now on the results page, scroll until you see the “Athlete in 3D” or “(Athlete’s name) in 3D” section.
4. Click “View in 3D” and Google will display the 3D model of the athlete.
5. You can now click “View in your space” and follow the instructions on the screen to move your phone and point to a blank area.
That’s it. You will see PV Sindhu will jump and smash on your roof. You can also change the size of the object by tapping “View Actual Size”, and then move it by pinching or tapping the screen.
In addition, you can also change the player’s actions. If you search directly using the play name, you will see all actions in the search results.
However, if you want to change the movement while viewing in 3D mode, you must click the “Run” icon next to the camera’s shutter button. Each action also has sound effects.
This way you can view your favorite athletes in 3D in front of you. Google may add more athletes or more objects in the near future. Please stay tuned for more updates from Google!
You can also follow us at the following locations to get instant technical news Google News Or comments about tips and tricks, smartphones and gadgets, please join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, Or subscribe to the latest commented video GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.