Windows 11 Brought some changes and new features to the user interface. In addition, it has an improved battery section where you can view detailed battery graphs, the battery used by apps and programs on the device, and even the screen on, screen off, and sleep time. In this article, let us see how to view and control the battery usage of applications and software on a Windows 11 PC.
View and control battery usage through apps on Windows 11
Some people who use laptops running Windows 11 builds have reported battery drain issues. If your PC is also facing higher battery usage, please follow the steps below to check the battery consumption of each application and control its background activities.
Check the battery usage and screen on time of each app
- Open set up On a Windows 11 PC, from the “Start” menu or press Win + I.
- inside system Tab, select Power supply and battery.
- Here, click Battery usage, As shown in the screenshot.
- You will now see the screen turned off and displayed on time, followed by detailed battery usage for each installed application. It will also show the foreground and background battery consumption.
You can further sort the list by overall usage, foreground usage, or background usage. This will give you an idea of which application consumes the most battery, whether it is in use or in the background.
Manage the background activity of the application
- In the same menu, click the three-dot menu next to the application name.
- choose Manage background activities.
- Click the drop-down menu below Background application permissions And choose whether the application can run in the background.
- If you choose no way, The application will not be allowed to run when not in use.
For some applications, including system programs, you may see “Cannot manage background activities for this application.”In any case, if the application consumes too much battery, you can click termination Stop the application and its related processes immediately.
You can also control background activities in the following ways set up > Apps and features. Click on the three-dot menu of the application and select advanced options And customize the background application permissions.
In addition, there are some tips Save battery power when watching movies and videos on Windows 11 Laptop or tablet.
This is about how to view and control the battery usage of applications on Windows 11. I hope you can now check the battery usage and screen of each application on time on your Windows PC. In any case, if you have any related questions or questions, please feel free to contact us via the comments below. Stay tuned for more such tips and tricks on Windows 11.
You can also follow us at the following locations to get instant technical news Google News Or comments about tips and tricks, smartphones and gadgets, please join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group Or subscribe to the latest commentary video GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.