WhatsApp has announced a new privacy feature for all users that allows users to hide last viewed and other profile information for certain selected contacts. WhatsApp users have been requesting this feature for a long time.The company already offers a feature Hide WhatsApp status from certain contacts Now this is also available for other profile details. So, in this guide, we will learn how to hide WhatsApp last seen, profile photo and information about it only for certain contacts.
Hide WhatsApp last viewed, profile picture, about from certain contacts
Hide last seen WhatsApp for certain contacts
1. Open WhatsApp on your phone and enter settings by tapping the three dots in the upper right corner of Android or the settings icon in the lower right corner of iPhone.
2. On the Settings page, select Accounts.
3. Next click on “Privacy” and you will see a list of features that control your privacy settings.
4. Here, first tap on “Last Seen” and then on the next page you will now see a new option – “My Contacts, Except…”
5. After that, on the next page, select a contact from your WhatsApp contact list and tap Done.
That’s it, the last WhatsApp you saw will now be hidden from the selected contacts.
Hide WhatsApp profile picture of certain contacts
Likewise, to hide the profile picture from selected contacts:
1. Go to Settings->Account->Privacy.
2. Now tap on “Profile Photo” and select “Except My Contacts…”.
3. Select the contacts from which you want to hide the profile photo and tap Done.
Now, the people you choose will not be able to see your profile photo.
Hide About WhatsApp from selected contacts
Next, if you also want to hide the “About” section for selected people:
1. Go to Settings again and select Accounts, then Privacy.
2. This time, select “About” and then “Except My Contacts…”.
3. After that, select the contacts whose “About” status you want to hide on WhatsApp. Click “Finish”.
that’s it. Those selected contacts will now not be able to see your About section on WhatsApp.
In addition to this, you can also change the group setting to “Except my contacts…”, which means that some contacts in your list will not be able to add you to WhatsApp groups.