Following ethereum developer Preston Van Loon’s statement at the Permissionless conference, ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin further confirmed that The Merge could happen in August. However, Buterin noted that there is likely still a risk of a delay, with the merger likely to happen in September or October 2022.
Merger could happen in August, Buterin says
just, Vitalik Buterin in a speech ETH Shanghai Web 3.0 Developer Summit Discuss the much-anticipated proof-of-stake (PoS) transition with the co-founder of Ethereum. Merge is scheduled to go live on Ethereum’s testnet Ropsten in 18 days on June 8, 2022.
During this period Ethereum At the Shanghai summit, Buterin explained that the transition will be a major test for the entire Ethereum ecosystem. “This is going to be a major test, bigger than anything we’ve done before,” Buterin stressed. “Take a large existing testnet of many applications with proof-of-work, into proof-of-stake.”
- Additionally, Buterin confirmed that The Merge may be implemented in August because Ethereum software developer Preston Van Long Said the same thing at the Permissionless conference. However, while Buterin did mention August, he also avoided delays.
- “If there are no issues, the merger will take place in August,” said the Ethereum co-founder. “But of course, there’s always the risk of problems. There’s also the risk of delays. So September is possible, October is also possible,” Buterin added.
- Meanwhile, The Merge is Ethereum’s first major upgrade after the London upgrade, implementing ETH destruction mechanism. After the merger, Ethereum will implement The Surge, The Verge, The Purge, and finally The Splurge.
- Surge aims to exploit Zero-knowledge rollups (ZK-rollups) pass Sharding technology. Ethereum’s The Verge transition will apply Vicker tree To achieve statelessness by using Merkle proof upgrades.
- clear will add a EVM Simplified Orbit Eliminate historical data and technical debt according to the Ethereum roadmap. Finally, The Splurge revolves around “miscellaneous but important additions.”
- Buterin also spoke about The Surge, noting that after these two upgrades (Merge & Surge), Ethereum will be “a great system.”
What do you think of Vitalik Buterin’s comments on The Merge and the Ethereum roadmap? Let us know what you think about this topic in the comments section below.
Image Source: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons
Disclaimer: This article is for reference only. It is not a direct offer or an invitation to buy or sell, nor is it a recommendation or endorsement of any product, service or company. Bitcoin Network Does not provide investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. Neither the company nor the author is responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services mentioned herein.