Deadly fire at Yaounde Liv nightclub

Police cordon off nightclub after fire

At least 16 people have been killed in a fire at a nightclub in the Cameroonian capital Yaounde.

It added that the blaze was “accidental” and was caused by the club’s use of fireworks.

At least eight people were seriously injured in the fire at the Liv nightclub in the early hours of Sunday.

The fire engulfed the main room of the venue in the capital’s upscale Bastos district.

“The tragedy was caused by the explosion of fireworks that are often used in these places, first burning the ceiling of the building, causing two very loud explosions, causing panic,” the government’s communications ministry said in a statement, AFP reported. and stampede.” report.

About 100 people gathered outside the hospital mortuary to ask about their relatives.

“I lost my brother. He was a kind, kind boy who worked at this club for about two months,” Stephen Hamza, 38, told AFP.

“When I heard about the explosion, I went to the morgue and was told he was dead.”

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.