Chinese tennis star missing from Beijing match video surfaced

Chinese female tennis star Peng Shuai has been seen-but there is still no news.

Ms. Peng suddenly disappeared after publishing a description of sexual abuse by a member of the former top management body of the Communist regime on November 2. Ms. Peng appeared in a video posted at the Youth Tennis Championships in Beijing this weekend.

A screenshot of the video released by the organizer of the China Open shows that at the opening ceremony of the Fila Kids Youth Tennis Challenge finals on Sunday, smiling Ms. Peng signed a group of young people.

If it is legal, this video will be the first moving image of the former women’s doubles player who said on Chinese social media that former Vice Premier Zhang Gaoli, a former member of the Political Bureau of the CPC Central Committee, forced her to have an extramarital affair. After an extramarital affair, she later had an intermittent consensual relationship with her.

Allegations of personal scandals involving top CCP officials are extremely rare, and both Ms. Peng and her social media posts quickly disappeared from public view. Since then, all discussions on the case on Chinese social media sites have been strictly censored by the government.

The Biden administration and other Western governments have expressed concern about her fate. If Ms. Peng’s fate is not clarified, the Women’s Tennis Association has also threatened to cancel many of the top events held in China. As China prepares to host the Winter Olympics in Beijing in February, controversy has also surfaced.

Sunday’s video — and other social media posts posted by local Chinese tennis officials, apparently showing that Ms. Peng was dining out with friends in Beijing on Saturday night — is a positive sign, but not enough to quell doubts about Ms. Peng’s treatment. Dave Hagerty, President of the International Tennis Federation Tell Reuters said in an email on Sunday.

“What we care most is Peng Shuai’s safety and her happiness,” Hagerty wrote. “Her video this weekend seems to be a positive step, but we will continue to seek Peng Shuai’s direct participation and confirmation that she is safe and sound.”



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *