Google Calendarr has become a typical application for managing different events, tasks and reminders in a pinch.With its cross-platform availability, you can easily set up and Receive real-time notifications Use its in-app features on PC, Android and iPhone. However, there is more. Read on as we discuss six effective ways to unlock the full potential of Google Calendar notifications on different platforms.At the same time, you can also learn Fix Google Calendar notifications not working on Android or iPhone.
How to get Google Calendar notifications on PC, Android and iPhone?
Google Calendar helps you quickly schedule meetings, events, tasks, and reminders to keep you informed of what’s to come. In addition to individuals, this cross-platform service is also suitable for managing teams, where you can create multiple calendars that you and your team can use coherently. Let’s take a look at six easy ways to get the most out of Google Calendar by effectively managing your calendar notifications.
On the computer
There are two ways to get Google Calendar notifications on your PC. Let’s take a look at them.
Enable desktop notifications and alerts
If you prefer to use Google Calendar on your desktop, you can choose to use Google Calendar updates as desktop notifications or browser reminders to keep you informed of upcoming calendar events. Here’s how you can configure the same:
1. Open Google Calendar in a new tab in your web browser and click gear icon access set up.
2. Expand next Notification settings on the left sidebar.
3. click Notice Drop-down list to select the desired update method. Google Calendar provides two different update methods for delivering calendar notifications: desktop notifications or alarm.
4. If you choose desktop notifications, you’ll receive a persistent website notification in the bottom right corner notifying you of your upcoming calendar details.
5. Instead, the “alert” notification method will provide a browser popup to keep you informed of upcoming or scheduled calendar events.
Use Checker Plus with Google Calendar
If you somehow missed getting Google Calendar updates after configuring notification alerts, you need to try the Checker Plus extension for Google Calendar, which claims to provide notifications 100 times more powerfully and efficiently than regular Calendar extensions. Here’s how you can install and use this tool to your advantage:
1. Install Checker Plus for Google Calendar Extension From the Chrome Web Store.
2. Next, open the installed extension and login Sync your calendar with your Google account.
3. After successful login, you can view the entire Google Calendar and upcoming events via this extension.
4. Next, create or schedule an event in your Google Calendar to test its notification reminder feature.
5. As long as your scheduled calendar event is nearby, you’ll see a pop-up on your screen notifying you of your upcoming calendar event. Additionally, you can pause or mark events as completed by interacting with the respective menu buttons.
In addition to the existing Google Calendar app, you can use a free third-party Android app to magnify upcoming event notifications to ensure you don’t miss anything important. The Event Alarm Reminder and Event Notifier apps are two great add-ons that sync with your Google Calendar to give you an enhanced notification experience. Here’s how to configure them on Android devices:
Use Google Calendar’s Event Alert Reminders App
1. Install Event Alert Reminders for Google Calendar From the Google Play Store.
2. Next, open the app and give the Google Calendar app access to it.
3. Select the calendar you want and click check button Import them in the bottom right corner.
4. Next, go to Google Calendar app and create an event to test getting notifications from the installed app.
5. When an event is triggered, you will receive an instant notification on your phone with a dedicated Reminder alarm.
Using Google Calendar’s Event Notifier app
The Calendar’s Event Notifier app is another nifty Android app that provides recurring reminders for upcoming calendar events. Follow these simple steps to install and use it to your advantage:
1. Open Google Play Store on your Android phone and install Calendar event notification app.
2. Next, open the application and provide the necessary Calendar access permissions.
3. Once approved, the application will import Your entire calendar data, giving you real-time notifications about upcoming events, reminders, and tasks.
4. Once any upcoming calendar event is triggered, you will receive a full screen popup Shows all details and control buttons to pause, close, mute or mark the event as done.
As with Android, you can enhance the way you receive Google Calendar notifications on your iPhone to make the most of it. Follow these two useful methods to improve your iPhone Calendar notification experience.
Set up calendar events and reminders with the Google Assistant
In addition to manually configuring calendar events, you can use the Google Assistant app on your iPhone to instruct it to create new events and remind you of existing events with a simple voice command. That’s it:
1. Install Google Assistant app Tap it from the App Store to open the app.
2. choose your favorite google account Sync your calendar with the app.
3. click allow button Receive notifications from the Assistant app.
4. To create a new Google Calendar event, click microphone button at the bottom and say the following command:
Create an event for 11 AM.
5. Next, provide a title for the upcoming event and say “Yes‘. This will create and schedule a new 11am event in your Google Calendar.
6. Likewise, you can use Google Assistant to view and remind you of all your upcoming calendar events by executing the following commands: Displays today’s calendar events.
7. This will display all scheduled calendar events for the day. To further set reminders for specific events, you can ask the Google Assistant to “remind me (event name) ‘ and set a specific time.
Integrate your Google Calendar with Alexa to receive real-time notifications
In addition to Google Assistant, you can also configure the popular Amazon virtual assistant, Alexa, Seamlessly pair with supported IoT devices and provide real-time Google Calendar notifications on your iPhone. This will ensure you don’t miss any important upcoming calendar events.
1. Install Amazon Alexa app From the App Store and log in with your preferred Amazon account.
2. click more tabs in the lower right corner, then press Setting Options configure it.
3. On the next page, scroll down to the bottom and click calendar.
4. Next, press Add your Google account Add account Option to sync your Google Calendar with Amazon’s Alexa.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to import different calendar events.
6. Additionally, to have Alexa announce your upcoming Google Calendar events, turn on Notice And enable toggle for your connected Google account.
That’s it! Alexa will now announce all your upcoming calendar events, reminders and tasks from your connected IoT device so you never miss any important calendar updates.
Bonus Tip: Add Voice and Sound Reminders to Google Calendar Events
What if I told you that you could add your voice as a sound reminder for an upcoming Google Calendar event? Sounds interesting, right?Check out our guide on how to do it Add voice as reminder to Google Calendar event.
That’s six ways to get Google Calendar notifications on different platforms including PC, androidand iPhone. If this explainer helps you discover new ways to unlock the full potential of the Google Calendar app, hit the “Like” button and share it with your colleagues to help them be more productive. Stay tuned and subscribe to GadgetsToUse for more helpful and informative guides.
You might be interested in the following:
You can also follow us for instant tech news Google News Or get tips and tricks, smartphone and gadget reviews, join gadgets using telegram groupsor subscribe to the latest review videos GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.