although iPhone Allows you to check the battery health of the unit, there is no such option ipadFortunately, with or without a PC, you can still check the health of the iPad’s battery and the number of charging cycles. In this article, let us look at five quick ways to check the battery charge cycle and health status on the iPad.
How to check iPad battery charge cycle and health
You can check the battery charging cycle and the current maximum charging capacity on the iPad in many ways. You can use analysis logs or rely on third-party tools on your Mac or Windows PC.
All methods are detailed below. These methods are applicable to all iPad models, including iPad, iPad Air, iPad Pro and iPad Mini, and have been tested on the latest iPadOS 15.
Method 1-Use iPad analysis to find the charge cycle count
Although the iPad does not have a native option to display battery health, you can still use iPad analysis to find its number of charging cycles. However, you need to turn on “Share iPad Analysis” to use it. If it is disabled, turn it on and try the method in a day.
Step 1-Copy logs from iPad Analytics
1. Open set up On your iPad.
2. Here, select privacy then click Analysis and improvement.
3. On the next screen, click analyze data.
4. The next screen will display multiple log files.Scroll down and look for the name Log aggregation.
Can’t find analysis data? This may be because iPad analysis is disabled. Enable the “iPad Analysis” switch in Privacy> Analysis and Improvement, and then wait for one day to generate data.
5. Click the nearest Log aggregation File to open it.
6. Double-click anywhere to select and copy all text.
Step 2-Paste the copied log into the note
1. Now, open notes Apps on the iPad. Can’t find it? Open it from the app library or use Spotlight search to search.
2. Click write The button in the upper right corner.
3. Here, long press anywhere and paste the copied log.
Step 3-Find the number of battery cycles
1. Tap the three dots in the upper right corner.
2. Choose Find in notes.
3. Next, type Battery cycle count.
The comment will highlight the text “batterycyclecount”.Below it, you will find a number, which is your iPad Current battery cycle countIn this case, our iPad only completed 11 charging cycles. If you don’t want all the trouble of copying text, please check the next method below.
Method 2-Use the shortcut to check the battery cycle on the iPad
There is a dedicated shortcut called “View Battery Cycle”, which is created by u / Worship of the Illuminati This helps to extract battery cycle and health data from Apple’s analysis log without having to copy or paste the content. Here is how to use it:
1. Open Safari on the iPad and visit https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/ca90b3210d024610a387e4302f4a4053.
2. It will open the view battery cycle shortcut page in the shortcut application.Click on Add shortcut.
3. Now, go to set up > privacy> Analysis and improvement > analyze data.
4. Here, open the latest Log aggregation document.
5. Click share Options in the upper right corner.
6. In the sharing table, click View battery cycle.
7. Your iPad battery health status and charging cycle will appear in a pop-up notification.
In our example, it shows that the iPad battery health is 105%. This may be due to the battery’s fully charged capacity being slightly larger than its design capacity.
Method 3-Use iMazing to check iPad battery health (Windows, Mac)
iMazing is a third-party tool for Windows and Mac. Using it, you can check the battery charging cycle on the iPad and its current battery health as shown below.
1. Download and install iMazing 2 on Mac or Windows PC.
3. Choose after When asked to back up iPad data.and Keep trying When prompted.
4. After the main screen loads, click Battery icon In the lower right corner.
5. Here, check Battery effective maximum charge, Which is the current maximum battery capacity or health status and Battery charge cycle.
Method 4-Use CoconutBattery (macOS) to check iPad battery health
CoconutBattery is only available for macOS and is another popular application that provides information about iPad and iPhone batteries.
1. Download and install CoconutBattery on your Mac device.
2. Use a compatible USB data cable to connect the iPad to the Mac device and unlock it.
3. Now, open CoconutBattery and click iOS device In the upper right corner.
4. You can now see the iPad battery Designing ability, Full charge capacity, and Cycle count.
5. You can click further Battery information Check battery life and manufacturer.
Method 5-Use 3UTools to check iPad battery health (Windows only)
If you are using Windows, you can also use 3UTools to measure the current battery health of your iOS device, as shown below.
2. Open the tool. Connect iPad to your PC via USB cable.Unlock iPad and tap Believe.
4. You can click further detail View next to battery life Actual capacity, Designing ability, temperate zone, manufacturer, And other information.
Why check the battery health on the iPad?
Due to various factors, the lithium-ion batteries used on iPads, iPhones, and most other mobile devices tend to degrade over time. This includes ambient temperature, wear due to charging and discharging, etc.
Gradually, the battery loses its maximum capacity to hold charge. Once it degrades significantly, you may experience slowdowns and random shutdowns. The battery health percentage allows you to estimate the quality of the battery and whether it needs to be replaced as soon as possible.
The iPad battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity after 1,000 full charge cycles under normal conditions.
What is the battery charge cycle on iPad?
The battery charge cycle count is the number of times you have fully charged the iPad. When you use 100% of the battery capacity, you have completed a charging cycle, but not necessarily one-time use.
For example, you use 60% of the iPad battery power for a day, and then fully charge it overnight. Now, when you use 40% of the battery the next day, you will discharge a total of 100%, and the two days add up to a charging cycle.
How long can the iPad battery last?
iPad is equipped with a large-capacity battery, which can be easily used for two to three years or even longer without losing significant charging capacity. It all boils down to the charging mode and how it is used.
Charging tips to extend iPad battery life
- Avoid charging or using iPad in extreme temperature ranges. iPhone and iPad work best in an ambient temperature of 0° to 35° C (32° to 95° F).
- Always use Apple’s official (or certified third-party) charger and data cable.Here is the best Charger for iPhone and Android.
- Do not charge the iPad to 100% every time. Likewise, avoid discharging it all the way to 0%. Staying in the range of 20-80% is ideal for obtaining the longest battery life.
Will plugging the iPad into a power source damage the battery?
As long as there is no hardware problem with the battery or charger, it is perfectly fine to plug the iPad into the charger overnight.
However, keeping the battery at 100% for a long time may reduce battery health at a relatively faster rate than when it is kept at around 50% or in the 20-80% range.
How do I know if the iPad battery needs to be replaced?
For the iPad or iPhone, any charge above 80% is a good battery health condition. If the health of your iPad battery drops to the 70s and you start to notice that it does not have enough power, you can choose to replace it.
If your iPad battery is less than 80% during the warranty period, or you enjoy AppleCare+ services, Apple may replace it for free.
How to store iPad when not in use without affecting the battery?
If you plan to store your iPad temporarily, it is best to store it in a cool, moisture-free environment where the temperature is about 50% below 32° C (90° F). In addition, if you plan to store your iPad for more than six months, please charge it to 50% every six months.
If you store an iPad with a fully discharged battery, the battery may enter a deep discharge state, making it impossible to charge. On the other hand, if the battery is fully charged and stored for a long time, the battery may lose some capacity, resulting in a shortened battery life.
This is how you can check the battery charge cycle count and health status on the iPad. In addition, we also mentioned tips for charging the iPad battery and answered frequently asked questions about its battery health. In any case, what is the health of your iPad battery? Let us know in the comments.
You can also follow us for instant technical news Google News Or comments about tips and tricks, smartphones and gadgets, please join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group Or subscribe to the latest comment video GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.