Do you want to improve mouse tracking speed? Apple Computer• Even at the highest setting, some Mac users may find their mouse pointer too slow.This usually happens recently from Windows macOS and used to fast track speed.So, in this article, let’s see how Increase Mouse Sensitivity on Mac Exceeds the maximum allowed by the system.
Increase mouse sensitivity on Mac beyond maximum
Here’s how you can change mouse sensitivity settings on your Mac System Preferences > Mouse. Here you can adjust mouse tracking and scrolling speed. However, if you’re someone like me who has a habit of fast-paced mouse tracking, you may find it slow even at maximum settings.
In this case, the preferred option is to use the software bundled with the mouse.For example, Logitech has a dedicated app called Logitech Optionswhere you can increase mouse sensitivity, including pointer and scroll speed.
However, many brands either don’t have dedicated apps or aren’t compatible with Macs. Thankfully, we can improve mouse speed on Mac by using third-party software or by overriding the terminal’s value.
Method 1 – Use USB Overdrive to Increase Mouse Speed on Mac
USB Overdrive is a third-party app that lets you get the most out of your USB or Bluetooth mice, keyboards, and other accessories. Here’s how to use USB Overdrive to speed up your mouse on your Mac.
1. Install USB overload on your Mac this link.
2. Now, click the Apple icon in the menu bar and go to System Preferences.
3. Here you will find USB overload at the bottom. click it.
4. It will open the USB Overload Settings window.
5. See the “Any mouse, any app” dropdown at the top? Use it to select your mouse.
6. Then, enable and increase the slider speed.
7. Likewise, increase accelerate (If you want to move the mouse quickly, the cursor distance will increase).
That’s it. This way, you can increase mouse speed and acceleration beyond the maximum allowed on your Mac. By the way, you can see which devices are currently being handled by USB Overdrive in the Status tab next to Settings.
Note that USB Overdrive is a shareware application. You can download and use it for free, but it has a timely login reminder and a brief countdown when you open the UI.
Method 2 – Use Terminal to Increase macOS Mouse Speed
Another way is to use a terminal window to override the mouse speed value in macOS like this:
1. Open a terminal window on your Mac. You can open it from Utilities in Launchpad.
3. It will resume with a number indicating your current mouse speed.
4. The maximum speed you can set from System Preferences is 3.0. But using the terminal, you can increase the speed above that value.
5. To increase mouse speed, type and enter Default write -g com.apple.mouse.scaling <期望的速度数>.
6. Here, we set the speed to 5. You can change the numbers to your liking.
Once done, restart your Mac. Note that it’s fully reversible – you can change the mouse settings in System Preferences to reset these values.
Method 3 – Using the Mouse to Accelerate the Preference Pane
For more precise control over mouse sensitivity, you can download the Mouse Acceleration Preference Pane on your Mac or MacBook. It’s completely free and lets you manually adjust or disable mouse acceleration as shown below.
1. Download the Mouse Acceleration Preference Pane from here.
2. After downloading, locate and open the preference pane.
3. Here you can adjust the tracking speed of the mouse and trackpad.
Note that it may not work with the latest macOS versions.We can’t keep it running macOS Ventura and Monterey.
It’s all about increasing the mouse sensitivity on a Mac beyond what the system allows. I hope it helps you get the most out of your mouse. Please try and let me know if it works for you in the comments below. Stay tuned for more articles like this.
You can also follow us for instant tech news Google News Or get tips and tricks, smartphone and gadget reviews, join gadgets using telegram groups or subscribe for the latest review videos GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.