YouTube frequently changes its algorithms to entice viewers to click on videos that interest them. With a recent UI update, they introduced “continue hover‘ which Play the YouTube video you want Hover the mouse cursor over the pop-up mini-player for more than 3 seconds. It replaces the old thumbnail video previews that were popular with users on YouTube. If you’re not happy with this, there are 3 methods we’ve researched to disable YouTube Resume on Hover.
How to Disable YouTube’s “Continue Hover to Play” Feature
1. Open YouTube in your web browser and click your profile icon Access Account Settings in the upper right corner.
2. Next, click Playback and performance Options in the left sidebar.
3. Scroll down to the bottom and turn off the switch Play inline.
That’s it. You have successfully disabled YouTube “Continue Hover to Play” on desktop. You can reload the current YouTube page to see the changes applied.
on android phone
When you press the video thumbnail inside the YouTube app for more than 3 seconds on your Android phone, it will automatically start playing in mini player mode. Sometimes this can prove to be very frustrating when the video starts playing automatically while browsing the app. Fortunately, the app offers an option to turn it off. Here’s how you can disable the same functionality.
1. Open YouTube app On your Android smartphone, then tap the profile icon in the upper right corner.
2. Next, click set up Configure YouTube app settings.
3. To go further, click general and find ‘Play in feed’ Open its options.
4. Disable the feature by setting it to leave.
If you browse YouTube on your iPhone or iPad, you may experience a similar browsing experience, where the video starts autoplaying when you long-press it. To disable it, you should follow these steps:
1. Open YouTube app On your iOS device, then press the profile icon in the upper right corner.
2. Press set up option and click general See related options.
3. Scroll down to the bottom to find Play in feed and set it to off.
Bonus Tip: Hide All Thumbnails in YouTube Videos
If you’re tired of video thumbnails that autoplay on hover on YouTube, you can completely hide all thumbnails for a clean browsing experience.Here’s how to achieve the same goal using nifty Chrome extension.
1. Open the Chrome Web Store on your browser and search Hide YouTube Thumbnails extension Install it.
2. After successful installation, the extension will be automatically enabled on your browser.
3. You can now open YouTube in a new tab to see all the thumbnails hidden.
4. If you change your mind, you can disable it by turning it off expand window.
Summary: No More Hover Games
Those are the top 3 ways to disable YouTube’s “continue on hover” feature on different devices. If this detailed guide was helpful to you, please hit the “Like” button and share it with friends you think might need it. Stay tuned for more great informative walkthroughs.