Want to share your old post on Instagram as a story, but don’t have the source file? Well, this can happen to anyone who posts on Instagram for a long time and forgets to track their posts on their device. In this case, there are two ways to share old Instagram posts as stories. Read on to learn more!
Also, read | How to share tweets to your Instagram story
Share old Instagram posts as stories
There are basically two ways to do this. The first method is very simple. Instagram directly provides you with the option to share stories under each post. The second method is quite new and you can use stickers in it.
Share via stickers
Instagram has also released a sticker that can help re-share any post or scroll as your story in simple steps. Here’s how to use this new “repost” sticker on Instagram to share a post as a story:
1. Open Instagram on your phone.
2. Now click the “+” icon to publish the story and select the story from the pop-up menu.
3. On the camera layout page, click Create with the “Aa” symbol.
4. Now, at the top of the page, you will see a sticker icon, click on it.
5. On the sticker page, find the forward sticker and click on it.
6. Then select the post you want to share as a story and publish it.
Likewise, here you can choose who you want to share this story with, with close friends, or all followers.
If you don’t see the new sticker option, you can use the next method available to all users. In addition, you can try to update the app to see this option.
Share via post
Below every post on Instagram, there is a sharing option. Please follow the steps below:
1. Open the Instagram application on your phone.
2. Go to your profile page and open the post you want to share as a story.
3. Now at the bottom of this article, you will see a paper airplane icon, click on it.
4. In the next pop-up menu, select “Add post to your story”.
That’s it. You can also choose who you want to share this story with here-all followers or a closed group of friends.
This is how to share old Instagram posts as Story. For more such Instagram tips and tricks, please follow us on Instagram @gadgetstouse!
You can also follow us at the following locations to get instant technical news Google News Or comments about tips and tricks, smartphones and gadgets, please join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, Or subscribe to the latest comment video GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.